We are a landscape architecture firm based in Portland, Oregon.
Our focus is on designing environmental solutions that inspire people and respect nature. We collaborate with forward-thinking architecture firms, municipalities, engineers, community organizations and private landowners on projects ranging from affordable housing and green streets to wetlands and parks. What motivates us is to see our work contribute to the quality of life in our communities, right now and for years to come.
We believe the foundation of smart environmental design is a deep understanding of the natural ecology of each site as well as the unique needs of each client. Our creative process leads us to discover interesting intersections of environmental conservation or restoration, community development, aesthetic ambitions, and resource constraints. We are excited about the challenges of complex, large-scale landmark developments as well as those of wise designs that make smaller projects shine in surprising ways.
Good collaborative practices are important to us, and we are dedicated to see each project through with consistent, personal attention from start to finish. We enjoy the agility and the opportunities for direct collaborative relationships that come with being a small firm. And we enjoy interesting conversations about nature, design, and community. If you'd like to start one, or just as us a question please contact us.
Bryan is a Registered Landscape Architect and LEED Accredited Professional. His expertise includes contemporary, low impact design, wetland mitigation, land restoration and enhancement.
Over the past decade, Bryan has worked on projects in the Pacific Northwest and abroad ranging from private residences and green roofs to public parks, schools, wetland enhancement, green streets and land management plans.
Bryan's work has been featured in the Pacific Northwest edition of Luxe Magazine and he is actively involved with the Division Design Committee in Portland, Oregon. His passion is for creating healthy, vibrant communities that embrace, benefit and give back to the natural ecosystems around them.
Daniel's career has evolved around his passion for the environment, appreciation for design and creativity, and enjoyment of craftsmanship with attention to detail. He is a licensed landscape architect, contractor and LEED Accredited Professional. His 18 years of experience include time working for three Landscape Architects both in San Francisco and Portland as well as being the owner of two landscape design build firms.
Daniel specializes in the integration of sustainable landscape methods and technologies, such as greenroofs, greenwalls and passive stormwater design. He has spoken at the Greenroofs For Healthy Cities Conference in Atlanta, Georgia and participates in the Sustainable Building Advisors Program at Mount Hood Community College. His work experience includes community development, riparian mitigation and enhancement, medical campus planning and healing garden design.
LICENSING + MEMBERSHIPS
- Oregon Registered Landscape Architecture Company, L406
- Washington State Registered Landscape Architect, L1408
- Oregon Landscape Contractor License, OLCB #9087
- Council of Landscape Architects Registration Board, CLARB #29805
- Emerging Small Business, MWESB #8633
- LEED Accredited Professionals
PRESENTATIONS + SPEAKING EVENTS
- Ecoroofs And Their Economic and Environmental Benefits
Greenroofs For Healthy Cities Conference, Atlanta, Georgia
- Ecoroofs And Their Benefits To The Environment
University of Portland, Engineering Department
- Sustainable Landscape Practices And Outdoor Water Conservation
Sustainable Building Advisors Program, Mount Hood Community College
- Sustainable Landscapes, Photorespiration, and Sustainable Principles
SPROUT Sustainable Landscape Design Program, Chemeketa College, Salem, OR
PUBLICATIONS + AWARDS
- "Overcoming Rising Rents", Affordable Housing News Magazine, Spring 2017
- DeMuro Award 2016 - Francis Court, Dayton OR
- Oregonian - Homes & Gardens, May 2016
- Oregon Main Street Award 2016 - Francis Court, Dayton OR
- Best of Houzz 2014 - Client Satisfaction
- Patrick Soran, "wing span." Luxe Interiors + Design Magazine, Pacific Northwest Edition, July 2012